|“||One badass extinct shark.||”|
— In-game description.
The Megalodon is the first (!!) shark to be unlocked in Hungry Shark World (The other eight are Big Momma, Killer Whale, the Atomic Shark, the Zombie Shark, Robo Shark, Buzz, Mr. Snappy, and Drago!)
It is available for purchase by coins once the player eats enough to unlock it. It is presumed to be the third best shark in the game.
The Megalodon indirectly appears in every Hungry shark game, as Hungry Shark Trilogy and Hungry Shark: Night do not directly have the Megalodon, but do have mega versions, similar to the Megalodon, while Hungry Shark Evolution also has it. Megalodon looks similar to the great white, with a different color and being much bigger. The Megalodon is currently the biggest shark in the game, but can get even bigger by getting all the Hungry Letters, a recent feature in the game, coming before the update that included force fields, new pets, and new mechanics. Has it's own baby version named "Max" which costs 1500 gems. Has no special abilities.
250,000 coins OR 1,500 gems
You can unlock the Megalodon with Coins by fulfilling the eating requirements.
Enemy Counterpart in HSW
A Enemy Counterpart is found on Many Locations:
- In Past of Puffin Rock, Splum and Kempy's Fortress (Common)
- Just Below The Military Base (Common)
- Just Below - Right of Military Base (Deleted Will Update of Easter Eggs)
- Just Below The Oil Rig (Common)
- In The Right of Angler Nest (Hungry Shark World ) (Common)
- Just Below - Right of Golf Course (Common)
- Just Below The Shanty Town (Rare)
- In the cave in middle of current below Oil Rig (Extremely Common)
- The Zombie Shark is the zombified version of the Megalodon, but smaller.
- It was the first !! shark to be introduced in the game
- The enemy Megalodon has a special variant, it's a laser wielding megalodon and it only appears in the South China Sea map. The laser acts the same way as a normal laser would.
Pros & Cons
- Can eat most prey.
- Can eat all sharks.
- Huge amount of health.
- Very fast shark.
- Top of the food chain.
- Bite comperable to more powerful !! sharks (when Fully Upgraded)
- Despite its large size, it can be blown up by much bigger mines.
- cannot fit through some cracks