The Kempy Bass (also known as the man-fish) is a fish that can help you complete the mission Kempy Kill, and is located very deep down. You can eat it with the Tiger Shark and up, but because of pressure damage, some sharks can't eat it.
The Kempy Bass is famous for its rarity, and is even considered "mysterious" by the developers of the game, Future Games of London (FGOL).
Kempy Bass are located in the Kempy Cave, deep down on the far right side of the map. They spawn in a room with a shell (Only for the Megalodon) and a sunken item (Framed Picture of an Egg). The entrance to of the Kempy Cave is surrounded by deadly enemies such as Mini Subs, an Enemy Megalodon, an Enemy Great White Shark and sometimes an Enemy Big Daddy. Although, he has been spotted in The longest underwater current in the game, the Death Tunnel.
Appeareance, Behaviour, and Habitat
The Kempy Bass is a (large or small) green-yellow fish with a human face. The face of the bass looks like the face Professor Kempstein's.
It swims slowly, and if it tries to avoid your shark, it is too slow to swim away.
Usually, it spawns in the Kempy Cave, but it can be found (very rarely) sometimes even outside of the cave around the Arctic Land Portal, in the Death Tunnel, and in the CRAB LAIR! If it spawns outside the cave it appears to be larger in size.
- Kempy Bass only very rarely spawns outside the cave.
- When it does spawn outside the cave, it is often oversized.
- The Kempy Bass, though, will sometimes spawn in the Arctic Portal area and appear oversized - bigger than a Robo Shark.
- When getting a high survival time, go to the ruins with the portal to find a HUGE kempy bass!
- The Kempy Cave has bookshelves, portraits, and even a TV!
- Kempy Bass are one of the two entities that do not respawn in one round, the second being the Giant Crab.
- The Hammerhead Shark can get to the Kempy Cave, but the Kempy Bass will not spawn. Sometimes, though, it can spawn, as shown in one of the Hungry Shark Evolution Official Trailers.
- The Kempy Bass will only spawn if you wait 3 - 4 minutes in the game.
- When Kempy Bass is in range, the screen zooms out.
- One of the developers of the game is referred to as "Kempy" in the credits. It is likely that Kempy Bass is named after the developer.
- The owner of the secret lab is named Professor Kempstein; this is likely referring to the Kempy Bass itself.
- This is one of the only locations that automatically spawns enemies. The other is the Crab Lair.
- The Kempy Bass can also sometimes spawn in the Arctic World.
- Eating it may show the accolade "KEMPY BASS!!!!!"
- There is an easter egg showing it on a tombstone in Hungry Shark World.
- The Kempy Bass is British as the flag pole on its grave has a darkened British flag on it.