[[File:Rush_of_Goldilocks!.png|thumb|400px]]'''Gold Rushes''' are special player-triggered events that, for a short time, make the shark invincible and turn all live enemies into golden creatures which yield [[coins]]. The initial Gold Rush occurs once a set amount of points is earned, and all following the initial Gold Rush occur once the golden meter is filled. Gold Rushes cause the shark's unique multiplier to kick in, multiplying the in-game multiplier to give an extremely large sum of [[points]] per kill during the Gold Rush.
Gold rushes occurs when the coin bar at the bottom of the screen is full. The gold rushes grant a multiplier. The multiplier for every shark's gold rush is different. Below are the multipliers for each shark and the maximum multiplier that can be obtained during a gold rush:
|Shark||Gold Rush Multiplier||Maximum Multiplier|
|Great White Shark||6x||48x|
|Big Daddy (Dunkleosteus)||10x||80x|
|Mr. Snappy (Mosasaurus)||12x||96x|
|Alan, Destroyer of Worlds||14x||112x|
|In this table, the gold rush multiplier is what the shark's current multiplier is multiplied by during a gold rush. The maximum multiplier is the highest multiplier a single shark can achieve. Without a gold rush, the maximum multiplier is 8x. However, when a gold rush is activated, the shark's multiplier multiplies depending on the shark.|
The duration of a Gold Rush varies between sharks. For example, the Great White Shark's Gold Rush is far more extensive than the Gold Rush of a Megalodon (most likely due to the fact that Megalodon's greater capabilities allow it to trigger Gold Rushes with much less effort).
If a creature has the potential to be a golden creature whilst a Gold Rush is active, but isn't, it is guaranteed to give a gem. For example, Paragliders. They can turn gold during a Gold Rush, but don't always. If they don't turn gold during a Gold Rush, they are guaranteed to give a gem (only for the duration of the Gold Rush).
Gold rushes activate when a certain number of points is obtained.
- The Reef Shark has a gold rush at every 2,500 points,
- Mako Shark has a gold rush at every 5,000 points,
- Hammerhead Shark has a gold rush at every 10,000 points,
- Tiger Shark has a gold rush at every 20,000 points
- Great White Shark has a gold rush at every 25,000 points
- Megalodon has a gold rush at every 125,000 points
- The Electro Shark has a gold rush every 25,000 points
- Ice Shark has a gold rush every 22,500 points,
- Robo Shark has a Gold Rush every 50,000 points.
- The player used to be able to get an extended gold rush by obtaining the number of points needed for the next gold rush while the current gold rush was active. However, with the addition of the Gold Rush Meter, this is no longer possible.
- There is a bug that the gold rush can extend up to 10-15 seconds, this happens when the sound is overloaded then it silences the gold rush music for a while. When not eating, while the gold rush bug is still active, the music will louden and will stop after a few seconds.
- It is possible to extend a gold rush into the extent of extending the music as well by subsequently filling another Gold Rush Meter, usually by eating valuable objects like superior sharks and Crates for an instance.
- The sharks once took damage during a gold rush. However, this is no longer the case, as an update changed that.
- The gold rush does not make jellyfish drop more coins
Types of Gold Rush
There are two types of Gold Rush: the standard, and the Christmas Wonderland variant.
1. In the normal map, when a Gold Rush is activated, there will be the word Gold Rush displayed on the screen with golden font color. All live prey will become golden creatures, except Jellyfish.